Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 2009 12 of 12

Here it is, another 12. The person responsible for the 12 of 12 is none other than Chad Darnell. Click here for more.


Waking up with the Princess, Ms. Squinty Kitty. She's so damn cute.



Leia wasn't particularly into being photographed today. She kept shifting her head. But she's happy.


The best damn chips around.


My international lunch. Irish Breakfast tea and a Mexican casserole thing that was pretty bad.



Surfing the breakdowns. Not too much today.



Off to the doctor to get a shot in my spine. Why I look so happy is beyond me. I think it's a front. Trying to play it cool. I'm not scared of much, but me don't like needles.



A lovely building on Park South while walking from the subway.



After waiting an hour. Why must I always wait for this doctor. Just an hour and 1/2 this time. Last week it was 2 1/2 hours. At least there were cushy leather sofas in this office.



Staring at my feet. I was very dizzy and nauseous after being epiduralled. Yuck. The injection site is still sore and I feel kind of weird. I could feel the cortizone going into my spine. I don't like feeling things either being sucked out of or put into me. Brrrrr......



After the nausea and dizziness passed. Okay, I survived.



Funky lights on the elevator lobby floor.



Watching my fave, Craig. He was pretty damn funny tonight.
Well, that's another 12. My weekday 12's have something to be desired. At least I didn't take 12 pictures at work!

11 comments:

khowaga said...

Why did you have to get a shot in the spine, you poor thing? That sounds just *awful.*

Are those rice chips good? I've seen them in the store and wondered. I may have to break down ... just as soon as we get rid of all the ones made of corn...

Nice 12!

Pete Cullen said...

OMG Michele having to get that shot in the spine is bad enough but waiting all that time? That is just terrible, you poor thing! :(

Unknown said...

Hope the shot the spine at least gave you good news. And Craig cracks me up, too!

Sunny Archibald said...

Oh, my....I'm afraid someone would have to drag me kicking and screaming to get a shot in my spine! Your pain level without it must be awful. The building on Park Ave. is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your day.

BU said...

Yuck, spine shots!

Hibe said...

Great 12 Michele. You might try making an earlier appointment next time. That way you don't have to wait because of people running late. If they all had to get spinal shots that would explain why they were late. Ouch!!!

OOOH! ...that reminds me. A friend of mine is at a Spinal Tap concert tonight. Of couse an epidural is not the same as a spinal tap, but that's just how my brain is wired.

Love the cats and the building shots. You must certainly be a good actor with that smile. I don't think I could look that happy before a painful shot like that. ...Ouch again.

Scooter said...

Ow! Shots in the spine DO sound scary. Now I know you're a great actress. You look like you're content before the moment of pain.

Lipp said...

I'm with Hibe, gotta get a copy of Spinal Tap & mock your pain!

Zippy said...

You can borrow mine.

"But this one goes to 11..."

Martini Dan said...

Great photos, your cat is so cute! I not crazy about needles either but today I gave 4 shots and received 5 as I work on my x-ray technician/medical assistant degree. Hopefully your shot was not too bad. Thanks for sharing your day and wonderful photos!

Dogeared said...

Ouch on the spine injection!

Sorry I'm so behind on commenting - been a very busy time with lots of travel! Even my 12 of 12 was only up on the 15th!