Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 2009 12 of 12

Ah, 12 of 12. Chad Darnell's brainchild photo blog. Chad, so so glad to hear that you are NORMAL and clear of cancer. That's the way to do that!

I missed last month because I just forgot it was the 12th until about 6 pm....oh well....


Post-stuffing her face with breakfast is the lovely Princess Leia. Her face was completely in the camera within the next 2 seconds. What are you doing, Mom??


Though I don't celebrate Easter, I do celebrate eggs. Here are some making their way to hard boiled.


I am studying shamanism in a 4 year program and one of my daily tasks is to draw a daily Power Deck card. They all have incredible paintings on them. This one is Virtue, finding spirit in the small things. Appropriate for today.



It was very sunny, though cold, today, so I decided to take a walk in Central Park and do my daily meditation there. Sat with my back up against a rock and soaked in the sun and sounds of nature. Lots of activity. Woodpeckers knocking, robins foraging, squirrels running around. It's amazing how nature heals the soul.



There are some points walking on unpaved trails in the Park that you think you're out somewhere in the wilds, like right at this moment, then you walk over a rise and can see the buildings peeking over the trees on 5th Avenue.



Not a cloud in the sky and fresh green buds on the trees. It was a spectacular show of how no matter how dark the winter, spring always comes.



Ah, the poor Zambonis. In the winter, the pool is split into two large ice rinks. Now they're drained and the Zambonis will go into their summer hibernation. Sleep well!


Taking a moment to catch some rays on the rooftop of the poolhouse.



Me and my shadow.



LUNCH! Today is obviously a gluten day. My doc says I can try adding gluten back in so I am slowly, doing two days of seven. It's also an economic thing. Gluten-free food has skyrocketed more so than regular food and produce is really high. Sometimes grease, gluten and fat is all there is. And yes, it tasted really good. Just hope it does in about 2 hours....



Feeling pretty good today. My back is tolerable. Yeah for traction!!! Hanging like a bat is working wonders.



The Princess sulking after I wouldn't let her have any pizza. Poor kitty. She looks deprived, doesn't she.
Wishing you all a Happy Spring!!!

11 comments:

Lisa B said...

Lovely photos of your day, Princess Leia is gorgeous. The cards look very cool. I could feel the sun combined with the chilly air in your outdoor shots, looks like you had a great day.

BU said...

Happy Egg Day then!

Sunny Archibald said...

I really like your sun flare shot. Thanks for sharing your day.

Lipp said...

I love how happy you look hanging like a bat! And I'm with you on the nature thing.

Dogeared said...

I love the sun in the park shot (number 6) - very pretty and calming! And yay for a better back!

JCB said...

I can't imagine "coming over a rise and seeing buildings". we live 25 minutes from the nearest town and there are no buildings over three stories!

1trilliongrams said...

Hey, in case you're still having to do the gluten-free thing for some time, this is my favorite source for GF recipes:

http://www.101cookbooks.com/gluten_free_recipes/

Heidi does some amazing stuff!

khowaga said...

Kitty!!!!! I have a soft spot for animals that like getting their picture taken.

I, too, celebrate eggs. Preferably in the form of a breakfast burrito. Or migas. Mmm. Migas.

What was I saying? Oh, right. Nice 12!

Pete Cullen said...

Glad to hear your back is good Michelle, and dear Princess Leia is SO SO cute :)

Hibe said...

Great 12 Michelle. Some nice shots in the park and who can't relate to your princess? You talk about the rink and the Zambonis like a true skater. Glad to here your back is better. A little cold, but a great day to be out and about.

Scooter said...

What a great post. Your photos made me smile. Thank you for sharing your day with us.