Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010

Ooooo...the Zippy blogosphere has been suffering! After a nice detour into a health issue, I am back, feeling lovely, and ready to begin this incredible new year with lots of excitement and anticipation.

In September, I became involved with Directing Actors Gym here in NYC and have attended several events. The next, featuring casting director Wendy Mckenzie, is on Sunday and should be awesome. I'm not performing, but there to observe, learn and cheer on my fellow actors. It should be an awesome time.

I had a new reel edited and it turned out wonderfully. Up on Actors Access and my website. I'm really happy with it.

I've been letting my hair grow again and am seesawing on whether to leave it or cut it again. If I leave it, I want to keep it a little shorter than it is right now, but I would need new headshots. Hmmmm.... My primary type is the intense, opinionated, strong woman and can work with shorter or shoulder length hair. I want to give this more thought.

I'm writing sporatically. I have been continuing my work on Penny Templeton's book, which should be done in the spring, and now that I have a new laptop that actually works, I hope to write a lot more at home on my screenplay.

2010 is movement. Riding the wave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about headshots. Although I like my current haircolor, I used to be more "red" (coppery/auburn-red - not bright red) and every once in a while, I miss it. I started thinking about it again the other day, just toying with the idea of changing the shade for a while. Then I realized: oh no, I'd need to get new headshots! Not ready for that yet.

-Ellen