Tuesday, June 01, 2010

June 1, 2010

So with the trailer of Three Houses in the can and awaiting the completion of post-production, I've been focused on Michele the Person.  I moved to a new, more nurturing home and attended a spiritual retreat workshop in New Mexico with my teacher, Lynn Andrews, for 10 glorious days.  Back in NYC and ready to move forward to the next step in my life/career, as they are one in the same.

Humor has come up for me at work -- Coworker:  "I saw this woman on a commercial on tv who looked just like you.  I mean, you could be twins....Oh, and I think her name was Michele, too....It was for some hair care product...."

I was practically rolling by the end.  Hahaha!

Well, I finally saw the Joan Rivers infomercial - Great Hair Day - today in fact.  I had dvr-ed it the night I left for Albuquerque and was able to watch it today.  I'm real happy with my segments and want to get a short commercial reel cut from it.  Also, I'll be doing a postcard blast to commercial agents and cds this month to promote myself.  It's playing all the time now.  The link is to the first segment, but the rest is also on YouTube.

I will be performing at the Directing Actor's Gym on June 20th at the 1st year anniversary celebration event.  That should be great fun!  And my friend, Cassandra Hume, is organizing a new theatre group and we're meeting on June 12th.  I'm looking forward to finding out more about that adventure.  I've been missing theatre horribly and am looking foward to writing my own show.

Which leads to....the book I have been assitant writing with my acting teacher Penny Templeton is finished!  We just sent out copies of a final reading draft to select people in the industry to give us feedback.  The DVD editing is of primary importance now, along with typesetting the book, which I will be starting up later this week once I review the new software program.  I am very excited to be at this point in the process.  This is a baby begging to be birthed!!  So watch out - Acting Under Fire: Creating Acting Lions is coming soon!!!

I'll soon have my photographic blog up for this year's Joshua Tree on the Mesa 2010.  Keep a look out!

No comments: