Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 12 of 12, 2009

Yay, Chad! I'm so glad that you decided to do another round of your fabulous 12 of 12! For more info on the monthly photo blog sensation, check out Chad's website. And all the best wishes to Chad in the healing of his cancer.

Today is a Monday and of course, Monday's are work days, so I start my new year with a slow beginning, photographically, that is. Otherwise, things are cooking and simmering and starting to get that savory feeling....okay! Enough cooking euphamisms.

The BIG news, of course, is the latest addition to my home. I had insomnia, so took a couple of late late night shots of me and the Princess....



Say hello to Princess Leia. No, I didn't name her, but frankly, after spending a week now with her, her name suits this little cutie to a t. Poor thing wanted to sleep and her mama was up until 5 am. She was mighty tired later, too. And yes, she does have eyes. Green, in fact.



Me, all cheerful at 2:30 am. Okay....by 5 am, though, cheerfulness was old. I wanted to sleep. But I did happen to have wonderful dreams, so maybe being zonked today was worth it.


By the time I got rolling, it was 12 noon! I took a fabulous workshop this past Wednesday and sat making out my stepstone goals for the week, the basic things I'm doing to reach my main goals by April 15th. I'm not a linear person, so doing this kind of thing really is incredible for me. I can have multiple things running and not lose track of where I am in the process. Thanks, Leslie Becker! And I must rewatch the first 10 eps of season 4 of Battlestar Galactica before Friday's big premier. They better answer all the questions!!!


Leia was sacked on the bed most of the day. Here she is around 1 pm snoozing up a storm. She's very plush. I love her big wide forehead - more room to kiss her! And that brick red nose... ah! It's very wonderful to have a kitty in my home again. I think Worf is hanging around to welcome her. She's been ripping around after something or someone since she arrived!



Yoga. I hurt my back and it's been exacerbated by my horrible desk chair, so yoga seems to be helping stretch but not strain my lower back. And it's been good for my soul. But I do have to get back into cardio. I can't believe how out of shape I've been. I don't think I've done a cardio workout since Dad had the stroke in August.


My acting teacher/mentor/writing partner gave me this wonderful glass ball for Christmas and I have it on my windowsill. It's full of bubbles that reflect the light. I decided to take some close ups of ordinary things, just to see how they would turn out, even with my crappy camera. This one is cool.


This is the view through my hanging glass ball in the same window. I've taken photos before where you can see this ball, but never a close up through it. The pattern in the glass reminds me of a spider. And I like spiders, so it's a good thing!


Another person who has come into my life is a sponsor child. She lives in El Salvador and I just got my kit from Plan USA with her photo and facts about her and her family. She's 8 years old and just beautiful. I created a big welcome card for her. Inside is a photo and some info about me. Her birthday is coming up in February and I want to send her something special.

Ready for work. I LOVE my leopard coat. Definitely worth cramming in my suitcase and hauling up from Louisville.
At work. David flashes the peace sign.
Dinner was fresh grilled salmon with a little olive oil and garlic, cauliflower and plantains, which I had already scarfed down by the time I took this photo. It really was a yummy meal.
On the list of big things that I'm doing is joining my spiritual teacher's school. A four-year program in shamanic study. I knew I'd do this when I won the essay contest in April that sent me to her yearly retreat in May...but I didn't want to see how or trust that it was both the right thing to do and I could afford it. Well, it's happening and I'm very grateful for the opportunity. I was completely shifted after the retreat last May. I imagine that this year will be very intense in a great way. Commitment is scary, though.


I know I already had 12 photos, but this is my niece's string painting and I love the colors. So there!

January 20th can't come soon enough!!! I don't know about you, but I just want Dumbya out of the White House NOW.

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Aww, Leia's a cutie! And I love the water bubbles photo, very abstract and cool :D

Jenn. said...

I like the close-ups of ordinary things idea. I might have to try that - it would definitely help on days when there isn't enough happening to make a 12 very exciting (ie. workdays).

Jenepel (12er)