Friday, December 12, 2008

December 2008 12 of 12

Oh, my....it's been a long road to this point. Sorry I've been gone. My dad has been gravely ill since July. Good news, he is scheduled to come home from the rehab hospital he's be at on Monday, just in time for Christmas, so that is a blessing. He's been through so much. I am just thankful that he's getting better. Finally.


So.....12 of 12 time! I am out of practice with this.



When I got up this late morning, I was glad to see that the rain downpour from last night had stopped and it was sunny again. The clouds were moving fast. But the light was lovely.



I started dusting to prepare to put out the Christmas decorations and I just like the way the light was playing off the purples and reds in my little grouping. Family, abundance and creativity. Good stuff!


So I finally found a little 3 footer Charlie Brown tree near work for $25. Other tree sellers wanted $45 for trees the same height. Such a rip-off!!! And the one seller I had bought my tree from last year was offended that I was dumbfounded by the $45 price tag. Um.....ever hear of RECESSION? Massive layoffs? Tightening pocketbooks? That guy will be sitting there with his trees on Christmas Eve. I feel bad for the poor trees. Unsold Christmas trees really make me feel sad.....



I unpacked all the decorations and just spread them out all over until I remember where I had them last year.



Another view of the Christmas carnage. And this is only from one direction in the room. The other way is loaded up even more so! I did get rid of a lot of decorations I wasn't crazy about last year. I realized I have a lot of snowmen! Good thing, since we haven't had any real snow yet! Boooooo.....



I still say prayers for my father every day for his recovery.



The Drew Art Extravaganza! My 3-year old nephew is quite prolific and sent me a big envelope of his artwork, which is displayed on my closet doors. He loves drawing and is starting to make shapes. As a former art therapist, I find his progression very fascinating. And as his aunt, I'm very proud of him!



This is his "ocean" series. I love these.



This one is titled "This is a cleaning bus" and you can see what he's going for with the vehicle shape and the round cleaning brushes....I think it's terrific!



Me and my boy, Santa. Gotta stop the Christmas fun and go to work.



Two of my co-workers, Samantha and Tricia. They work with the same attorneys during the day split between the two of them I get all of them at night. Lucky me!



Tricia is evil every year and has the candy bin at her desk. I hate her.
So that's my 12 for this December. It has been some year.
I now have my acting-focused blog linked to this blog - Adventures of an Acting Goddess. The link is listed to the left on this page. Please come and visit!

9 comments:

Martini Dan said...

Great photos! Happy Holidays!

khowaga said...

Nice set! Best wishes for your father, too. I know how hard that can be, and I hope he gets better soon.

Lipp said...

Great pics Michelle & hugs to your Dad!

Pete Cullen said...

Welcome back Michele! As someone also nursing a sick father I know how you feel.Sending you some extra good karma :)

~Sheryl said...

Great 12 of 12. Everyone should have a chunk of amethyst.

Good news that you father will be home for the holidays.

~Sheryl
(12 of 12'er)
crap-o-rama.com

Sunny Archibald said...

Great photos.....it's wonderful news that your father will be able to be home for Christmas. Here's hoping he continues to do well.

Linda Judd said...

Nephew's art is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us. Also, I'm happy for you that your Father is coming home.

BU said...

Your tree would be prettier with a cat hanging off of the lower limbs! Good to hear that your father is doing better :)

Dogeared said...

Welcome back! I hope everything gets better for you, and your father :-)

And a very Christmassy 12 it was too, this month!

Sorry for being late again - had a nightmare train trip home after a weekend away (got home at 5:20am, no sleep), and it's still messing my sleep up now! Happy Christmas and New Year!