Monday, December 08, 2008

December 8, 2008

So I went to a go-see for a print job today and there were these two little kids there - just adorable - so of course, I thought of my niece and nephew and how cute they would be for commercial work....but alas, my brother is not much for that. No show biz....well, at least not yet, but I do believe Ms. Mia is quite the performer!

Go-sees are interesting animals in that you're just you, you stand, look at the camera, have them snap off a few and off you go. This was a huge call - I was in line for quite some time.

It always amuses me to put myself in the shoes of whatever client looks at these....what exactly are they looking for? I think every actor does this a bit after an audition, but since a go-see isn't an audition per se - there is no criteria except for what you look like in a photo - I wonder how they choose? I guess, like everything else in this business, it's all subjective.

Have a happy!

1 comment:

justinemac said...

Great to see a new blog from you! I'm exhausted tonight but tomorrow (when I've hopefully had more sleep and can concentrate) I'm going to watch your videos. :)

~Ellen